Minor Home Repair Grant
Minor Home Repair Grant for Income Qualified Residents
Do you have essential repairs that need to be made to your home but you can't afford them?
Apply today to see if you qualify for a grant under the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Minor Home Repair Program. The intent of the CDBG Minor Home Repair Program is to help homeowners in Tallmadge make needed repairs to their homes. This not only helps the property owners but encourages residents to promote their neighborhood as a desirable place to live!
This project is funded through the Summit County Department of Development, Community Development Block Grant Program and the City of Tallmadge.
Tallmadge resident homeowners must meet income guidelines but can live anywhere in the city. The grant monies can be awarded for projects such as:
- Replacing a roof
- Replacing windows
- Replacing a furnace or hot water tank
- Work on electrical system
Applications & Requirements
All applications are considered individually and are awarded on a first come first serve basis. All applicants must meet the Housing and Urban Development income requirements.
For more information on the CDBG program, income guidelines or applying, email the Community Development Manager.
Contractors interested in participating in the program must meet the following basic requirements:
- Commercial General Liability Insurance in the amount of $1,000,000
- Current bond on file with the Summit County Building Standards
- Current registration with Summit County Building Standards
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Firm Registration
- EPA Lead Safe Renovation Certificate
If you have questions concerning this program, please call 330-633-5639.