Tallmadge Grants

The City attempts to obtain grants to help offset the cost of capital projects to the local community. Many recent projects have been partially funded with grants.

North Avenue Reconstruction Project

The City of Tallmadge has entered into a joint project with the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) for the reconstruction of the North Avenue Project, that includes complete road replacement, storm water facility improvements and sidewalk improvements for a portion of North Avenue from the Tallmadge Circle to Heritage Drive. ODOT will provide 80 percent of the funding for the $4.8 million project leaving the City responsible for the remaining 20 percent. This project is scheduled to be completed by May 31, 2017.

Tallmadge Minor Repair Program

Benefiting from a matching grant from the Summit County Department of Development, the City of Tallmadge operates a minor home repair program for qualified residents in the amount of $100,000. The total cost of the program is approximately $100,000 with Summit County share at $50,000. Detailed information in participating in this program can accessed at the Home Repair Grant Program or by emailing the Community Development Administrator.

Tallmadge Demolition Program

The City of Tallmadge has received a matching grant from the Moving Ohio Forward Demolition Grant Program in the amount of $50,000 for the demolition of various industrial buildings in the City of Tallmadge. The buildings to be demolished are located at 150 Tallmadge Circle, 342 West Avenue and 240 Southwest Avenue. The City's share of the demolition will be approximately $5,000 with Martin Wheel and Upson Development paying for the balance of the demolition cost.