Republic Waste Services Recycling
Republic Waste provides a 65 gallon green recycling cart to residents. To obtain a cart for your home call Republic Services at 800-247-3644. Place all plastic containers, glass food and beverage containers, metal cans, news & office paper, cardboard, cereal boxes, milk and juice cartons in the recycle container. Mix all recyclable items together. Empty and rinse bottles and cans.
Do Not Recycle
There are certain items that should never be placed in your recycle carts:
- Bottle tops, small prescriptions bottles and plastic silverware - these get caught in the recycle machine sorters causing breakdown. Just throw them in the trash.
- Large plastic toys - anything larger than a 5 gallon bucket cannot be accepted. Consider donating instead!
- No broken glass, mirrors, plate glass, Pyrex glass or drinking glasses in your recycle cart.
- Paper towels, wax paper, Styrofoam, aluminum foil, light bulbs, and batteries are not recyclable.
- Pizza boxes - if greasy or food stained just throw them out!
- Plastic grocery bags - these may be recycled at your grocery store. Also no plastic wrap or bubble wrap is accepted.
- Shredded paper - gets into glass bottles and jars. decreasing their recycling value. Recycle your shredded paper by placing in a bag and dropping in one of the paper recycling bins located at our schools and churches.
- NO leaves, grass, dirt or yard waste should be placed in the recycle container.
- NO DOG OR CAT WASTE.
The City of Tallmadge hosts a biennial Electronics Recycling Drive event. Our most recent event in September 2017 process over 880 vehicles and filled 8 53' Semi-Trailers full of electronic waste.
There is no Electronics Drive currently scheduled. In the meantime, please check out Summit Reworks for more information on Electronics recycling.
Household Hazardous Waste Recycling
Tallmadge residents are encouraged to use the Summit County Reworks Household Hazardous Recycling Center located at 1201 Graham Road in Stow. It is open 2 p.m. - 7 p.m. every Thursday from June through September.
List of Acceptable Household Hazardous Waste Recyclables
For a comprehensive list of acceptable items for household hazardous waste recycling visit Summit ReWorks.
Simple Recycling provides free weekly curbside pick up of used clothing and household items.
Orange bags labeled "Simple Recycling" are available in the Public Service Department or by contacting Simple Recycling at 1-866-835-5068. The bags should be placed on the curb on your regular trash day. A box truck or van labeled "Simple Recycling" collects the bags and will leave you another bag(s) for future use. Republic Service's recycling program does not collect the bags. The orange bags should not be placed in the green recycling carts.
Voluntary Participation - No Enrollment Necessary
No enrollment is necessary, participation is voluntary. This is a great way to keep textiles out of our landfills. Residents preferring to donate good reusable clothing to local charities may continue to do so, while Simple Recycling will be happy to take your unusable:
- Dog beds
- Stuffed animals
For More Information
For more details on the Simple Recycling program, please visit their website Simple Recycling.
How it Works
On your regularly scheduled recycling day, Tallmadge residents can place materials inside special bags provided by Simple Recycling at the curb. Special labeled tags are also available if you have household goods that are easier to box up. Simple Recycling will replenish your bag and tag supplies as you use them.
- Household goods
- *Small, working appliances that can be picked up by one man
To Request Additional Bags,
Visit the Simple Recycling website or contact Simple Recycling at 866-835-5068. Orange bags can also be picked up in person at City Hall (46 North Avenue) in the Public Service Department.