COVID-19 Tallmadge Recreation Center Reopening
Tallmadge Recreation Center Reopening
Updated April 29, 2021 — The Tallmadge Recreation Center believes the safety and wellbeing of our community is of the utmost importance. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been making changes to our operations to provide the safest possible environment. We continue to follow the guidelines released by the State of Ohio and Summit County Public Health. As we continue to take additional precautions to help slow the spread of COVID-19 the following guidelines are in place at the Tallmadge Recreation Center.
May Facility Hours
5 am-9 pm
5 am-8 pm
7 am-6 pm
7 am-4 pm
May Facility Hours
9 am-12 pm and 3 pm-7 pm
9 am-12 pm
8 am- 12 pm
Current Facility Guidelines (in effect until further notice)
- We will be open to members and guests of members only. Anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 will not be permitted to enter.
- Members ages 15 and under must be accompanied by a paying adult (18 or older) to enter and remain in the facility. As of June 1, ages 13-15 may enter without an adult once appropriate paperwork is signed by their parent.
- Members may bring up to two (2) guests each day. Guests must have a valid photo ID (age 16 and older until June 1 then age 13 and older) and arrive with the member.
- Currently, our maximum capacity for the Recreation Center is set at 750 people.
- Loitering and congregating are prohibited.
- Sanitize your hands when you arrive and when you leave.
- Masks are required in all common areas (entrance, hallways, bathrooms). Masks may be removed when actively exercising AND maintaining 6 feet of social distance between yourself and others.
- Organized sports leagues and rentals are exempt from wearing masks during competition but must wear them while seated on the bench or sidelines.
- Masks must be worn during all activities during our At-Risk User Hours, Monday-Friday between 1:00-3:00 pm.
- The soccer field and basketball courts will be open for individual or small group practice. No pickup games will be permitted.
- Users must sanitize equipment before and after use.
- Users must bring their own equipment for use on the basketball court and soccer field.
- Fitness class users must bring their own mats.
- All lockers and cubbies are now open for use.
- Showers in the men’s and women’s locker rooms are now open for us.
- Water bottle filling stations will open in May.
- Attendance in the childcare will be limited to 9 children on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The track will be open for walkers and runners. Users should maintain distance between other groups and are asked to walk/run single file.
All enclosed hall rentals will resume beginning June 1.
All open air pavilion rentals will resume beginning May 1.
All Primetimers activities will resume in June.