How do I find out what my property is zoned?

The zoning map of the city can be used to locate the property and in most cases you can determine the zoning directly from the map. If, however, you are unable to determine the zoning you can call the Planning and Zoning Department at 330-633-0090 with the address and we will assist you.

For more information, review the city of Tallmadge

zoning maps.

Show All Answers

1. When is a zoning certificate required for a project?
2. When do you need a building permit?
3. What it the size limit for building a detached garage or storage barn?
4. If I build a shed not exceeding 200 square feet, does it require a zoning certificate?
5. How long does it take to get a Zoning Certificate?
6. What are the requirements for temporary pools, and do I need a Zoning Certificate?
7. Who is responsible for locating my property lines?
8. How do I find out what my property is zoned?
9. What do I need to do for a business if I'm looking to occupy a new space?
10. Do I need a sign permit to replace the sign face at my business?
11. Do I need a zoning permit to install solar panels on my property?
12. Can I make an anonymous zoning complaint?
13. My neighbor and I are having a dispute regarding the boundary line of our properties. Can the Zoning Office help me?
14. My neighbor’s tree hangs over the fence into my rear yard. I am afraid that a tree limb will fall into my yard and cause damage. Can the Zoning Office help me?
15. Does Tallmadge require a pre-sale home inspection?