The City of Tallmadge, Ohio
The City of Tallmadge is located in Northeast Ohio 35 miles southeast of the City of Cleveland and adjacent to the City of Akron. The City was founded in 1807 and today is home to approximately 17,537 people living in 7,026 households. The average household size is 2.45 persons per household.
The City presently strives to achieve a balance between stable growth in population, economic development, and in the appropriate mix of residential types, while maintaining the character and atmosphere of a small town and preserving the family-oriented residential character of Tallmadge.
The City offers a wide variety of housing options with a median home value of approximately $180,000. There are a variety of recreation opportunities within the community including the Tallmadge Recreation Center, MACA Outdoor Aquatic Center, numerous ball fields, tennis courts, children play areas and open spaces in the city’s numerous parks. The Freedom Secondary Hike and Bike Trail dissects the city and will shortly link the community to trails linking Akron, Cleveland and Youngstown. The City operates full time Police and Fire Departments in addition to the Street and Utilities Departments.
The Tallmadge School District is rated excellent with distinction by the State of Ohio.
In addition, the following amenities make the City of Tallmadge an attractive place to locate your family or business:
• Located between both the University of Akron and Kent State University.
• Thirty colleges or universities located within fifty miles of the community.
• Located within ten minutes of Summa Health Systems, Akron General Health Systems and
• Located within forty minutes of the Cleveland Clinic.
• Located within twenty minutes of the Akron Canton Airport.
• Located forty minutes from the City of Cleveland and regional arts facilities, museums and various
professional sports teams.
• Located ten minutes from the Cuyahoga Valley National Park
• The Blossom Music Center is ten miles from the community and is the summer home to the
• Within 500 miles of 42 major U.S. cities.
• A diverse industrial base specializing in manufacturing, health care, bioscience, polymer products and
liquid crystal development.
The City of Tallmadge would like to be your choice for your home or business.
Please contact Pat Sauner at 330.633.5639 or email (email@example.com) to discuss your next location.
Hours of Operations
46 North Ave
Tallmadge, Ohio 44278
Office Hours: 7:30-4:00pm Mon - Fri
p: (330) 633-5639